Monday, September 15, 2008

It's the little things...

I left my laptop at the old house by mistake so I'm borrowing Paul's but I just had to blog that Paul squeezed my hand with his left hand! Now it wasn't much at all and pretty much no strength but that was a huge deal since he hasn't held my hand with that one since before he left. He still doesn't have any feeling in his pinky and can only slightly bend and wiggle his other fingers but each day he makes a little more progress.

This weekend went by quick and we have a lot to do tomorrow so I'm off to bed but just wanted to share something that sounds like a small thing but is still a huge step for him.

2 comments:

mommy-medic said...

I can't imagine what you must be going through. Stay strong, and let me know if I can do anything to help.

Karie said...

Hi, my husband was hit by an IED too. I know it's so hard! That's so exciting though! Those moments are the best! My husband lost his leg and was in a wheelchair for a long time at one point. I remember when he first started walking on his prosthetic and for the first time in a year we were able to walk together HOLDING HANDS. I do it as often as I can now. As things progress you will be completely amazed. Good luck to you both!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...