Fine, I'll do this so people stop tagging me.
RULE: Once you've been tagged you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you it's because I want to know more about you.
1. I am a motherless daughter and my relationship with my dad is strained at times.
2. I was in a foster home until I was adopted at 10 weeks and I reunited with my birth mother and two sisters when I was 29. My biological father was killed in a motorcycle accident when I was 7 so I never met him.
3. I grew up being the younger of two siblings but now I have 1 older brother, 2 younger sisters, 1 younger half sister, and 1 older stepsister.
4. I drink sweet tea like my life depends on it. Sometimes I prefer my tea to brew in the sun instead of on the counter.
5. I enjoy cooking and baking but I caught my kitchen on fire the other day so that may change.
6. I have written literally hundreds of poems, mostly about broken hearts and loss. It helped me cope at one time.
7. I was married in 1997 and 2003 respectively. I don't plan on marrying again. I was engaged to my husband for all of 4 days before we were married but I had known him since 2000.
8. I have Graves Disease and I'm starting to inherit rheumatoid arthritis as well.
9. My family used to camp all summer long on a lake and I'm still friends with some of the people I met there. My favorite trip was exploring out west.
10. I've never (so far) had a ticket and I've been driving for 16 years.
11. I once drank 6 beers, 9 mixed drinks, and did 15 jello shots at a bachelorette party one night.
12. I still have the medal I received for a floor routine I did in gymnastics when I was 10.
13. I've had two c sections and I think the second one was much easier.
14. I've worked for some really great companies.
15. I've known my best friend for 26 years. We met in 1st grade when we accidentally wore the same outfit to school - a teal and purple striped turtleneck, purple corduroy pants, white knee socks, and navy blue shoes with a white velcro stripe.
16. I'm still angry and probably always will be angry that the Army messed up the notification process and didn't want to talk to me when Paul was injured. They never apologized after realizing their mistake which might have helped.
17. I procrastinate and I'm disorganized and I hate it. My husband is anal about being neat. Needless to say we clash.
18. I'm just a little sarcastic at times.
19. I used to draw and write stories and wanted to be an author or an illustrator when I grew up. I still want to finish my degree in graphic design but for now I'm working on getting certified as a medical coding specialist because it's faster.
20. I'm not a kid person but I like mine. I love having the opportunity to stay home with my kids and appreciate every minute, even when they drive me nuts. I know they won't always be little and I don't want them to grow up too fast and I missed it.
21. I'm terrified of spiders and fires. I'm having an extremely difficult time seeing the burned out shell of my kitchen appliances and all the ashes.
22. I did a lot of snowmobiling with my family growing up and loved living in the country.
23. I have a hard time feeling safe because my childhood home was broken into 3 times and two of my vehicles were broken into and a third was stolen for a joyride.
24. I had played the scenario in my mind of what would happen if my husband had been KIA but never prepared for him being wounded. I'll always be grateful that he came back alive.
25. I like being myself. I'm not perfect but I'm always me.
19. I moved across the country when I was 34 weeks pregnant.